Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Mission

This blog is a tool of analysis in my quest to deconstruct the medium of blogging. What is a blog? What's the appeal? How have they transformed the world of literature and reporting? Blogs have created a new lens for us to view the world. This project will be broken into five subsections - music blogs, health and wellness blogs, political blogs, religious blogs, parenting blogs. Within these sections I will look at a full spectrum, ranging form the professional to the amateur. I will link the blogs in my blog roll, as well as the posts, and will hopefully and more as my project grows.

The subjects I want to focus on within each blog are intent, content, intended audience, actual audience, reception, and how frequently they're updated. From here I hope to gain a better understanding of what draws us to blogs. Why have people become desensitized to sharing their personal information to complete strangers over the internet? How do blogs create a sense of community among people? With this blog I hope to break open the dialogue surrounding blogs and begin to answer some of these questions. Also, if you ever have any suggestions for potential blogs, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment